IT’S all on – red will face off against blue on fight night.
Fight for Kidz is returning to Invercargill on September 7, six months earlier than originally scheduled.
Co-organiser Dave Bartley said they were bringing the date of the biennial charity boxing tournament forward because the organisers had other commitments next year.
The future of the event had been uncertain following the tragic death of Kain Parsons last year at a different corporate boxing event in Christchurch.
Bartley and Steve Boutcher launched Fight for Kidz in 2003 to raise money for various Southland charities and to showcase boxing.
Since 2003, the pair had staged eight fight nights, with the 12 fight-card made up mainly of first-time boxers.
Bartley said they had always had strict criteria in place to ensure boxer safety.
Fighters were always trained by level one coaches and were required to wear protective headgear, mouthguards, chest protection for female fighters and groin protection for male fighters, he said.
There had not been any serious injuries in the eight events, he said.
The call was now going out for fighters.
So far, they had received 75 applications, but they were hoping for at least 140 to give them more options, he said.
Fight for Kidz was open to male and female applicants aged between 18 and 46 years.
No previous experience was required as full training would be provided, Bartley said.
Organisers were also seeking requests from charities wanting to benefit from the event.
Applications for fighters closes on April 14.